Congratulations! You’ve made the decision to propose to the love of your life! Now, all you have to do is keep it a secret until you decide a time to pop the question… This can often be the most daunting part of a proposal, and without taking the relevant precautions, may leave you feeling on edge as to whether or not your partner may find it. For this reason, we’ve come up with some tips when it comes to keeping the ring secret.
Keep It At The Jewellers
If you haven’t already bought your ring, then when you do, ask to keep the ring on hold at the jewellers you bought it from. This plan is fool-proof and there is no way that your partner will ever find out – just remember to pick it up when you’re finally ready!
Give It To Someone Else
If you have close friends or family that live relatively nearby, why not give them the ring to look after for a while? This is a great idea to stop your partner from finding out, especially if you live together! Just make sure that you really trust whoever you give the ring to because if they lose it, you’ll be out of pocket and marriage!
Hide It Somewhere They’d Never Go
Hide the ring somewhere that they’d never even think to look. Maybe you have hobbies that you don’t share with your partner, such as playing golf or video games. Simply hide the ring in the game case or golf bag! However, if your future fiancee is one to poke their nose around your things, you may want to think about choosing a different option.
Hiding The Ring Whilst Travelling
If you’re planning to propose whilst on a trip abroad, hiding the ring can be a very difficult challenge. Below are some more travel-related tips when it comes to keeping that ring safe and hidden.
- Try to always keep it in the box. If you remove it from the box, you risk losing it, and if you keep it in your pocket, alarm bells will literally be going off at security.
- Put a small note on the box that says engagement ring inside, please be discreet. This way, if there are any issues that arise, the person seeing your ring, will be able to stay quiet about your plans.
- Try to avoid wrapping up the box, as this may lead to your partner asking questions about what you’ve bought along on the trip.
- Whilst travelling, place the box inside a sock, or anything else that would appear normal to have in your bag. Place the item at the bottom of your bag, away from prying eyes
- If you are at any time asked to empty the contents of your bag, simply tell your partner to meet you around security, and remain calm